Saturday, September 19, 2009

Who Am I?

It's 25th tomorrow, four more days till my 19th birthday. i have always look forward for my birthday to receive wishes from family and friends,to be drown in gifts and prezzies.... and to overload your facebook page with tonnes of wishes. but not this year. i am not looking forward for my birthday. not my 19th birthday. came from a family who does not really celebrate birthday, birthday to me is just like another ordinary day except for more frequent of phone vibrations. i have never really enjoyed my birthday through out my life except for last year when my friends went through all the trouble to give me the royalty feeling despite it was a week after my birthday. as this year, most of my friends aren't here with me, some are away for holidays during spring break while some are extremely busy with uni life, i can't hide my disappointment. lol. now i shall officially make my birthday as my resting day. a day of sleeping paradise. =) let's see how i grew up in these 19 years.



well, i was born on 29th september 1990. i am a morning child and born in the year of horse. i was showered with love since i was young for i was the youngest in my family and even in my paternal side. which is cool cause everyone loves me despite how naughty i was. according to my mum, i grew up as a mischievous child who creates havoc back in my home.


so at the age of five i learn to mingle with people of my age, making new friends, learning how to read my abc, drawing and colouring and playing too. and during my kindergarten years are the only two years that i had opportunity to make wishes and blew candles.

eventually i learnt that i had cousins and i grew up together with them. we do ridiculous stuffs together, but the best part i could remember was when we formed a spy team investigating the group of rempit kids whom we believed are responsible for the vandalism in our neighbourhood. lol.. and my job was to ride on the tricycle, using an umbrella as my protector shield. kids could really invent the best games on earth. forget about hasbro. life-learning experiences are more valuable.


at the age of 8, i was on my naughtiest period. i always run in the chapel every morning, chased by my principal with a cane on her hand. lol.. i even quarrelled with my mum and decided to run away by bringing only two pieces of clothes on hand to my nanny's home at the age of nine???. i must have freaked my mum out when i actually stepped out of the house.. and it was also at this age i developed chubby cheeks.

and finally i was in secondary school. as i was always the younger one among my friends, i was always taken care by my friends. there ain't nothing much for me to worry about my life during those days. the only thing that we struggle during those days are squeezing boring sejarah facts into our brains and rushing deadlines for various projects and folios.


form 4 and form 5 were the sweetest moments of my life where i discovered my true friends and close buddies... they taught me many things about life and we struggled good and bad together. we laugh, we sing and we even cry together. sitting in a circle and telling gossip are indeed happy moments. dissecting frogs in a group, going for school trips and carrying out prefect's duties together too. fun. best part was being labelled as the nosiest 5SC1 class ever had made us special and different from the old boring nerds.

and even after form 5, we had so many sleepovers in hotels... and resorts which were pretty cool. i miss those moments cause i could laugh without a hidden sadness in me. seeing friends delivering stupid jokes could really make your day.

and now all of us have embarked different pathways...as days pass by, we would even tend to forget the last day we met. friendships are meant to be treasured cause without my friends, i would not have been the way i am today.

studying in intec marked another whole new journey of my life. broadening my friendship range has taught me that every individuals are different and i learnt my strength and weakness through them. in fact, i can proudly claimed that intec was the best part of my life and i love year 2008 the most. despite exams and ielts, i adore 2008 simply because i became independent in so many ways and gained friends from all over the states.

intec was fun too thanks to my roommate, gash who brought the Japanese culture into intec, we had opportunity to dress in yukata, to perform Japanese choir, to do sushi, to dance Japanese dance and to attend bon odori. learning another culture is a fun thing which makes you realise in fact my own country culture ain't that bad at all.


like i said earlier i love intec tremendously despite the horrible lifestyle we lead there. i met really nice friends and caring lecturers. though ausmat cafe food do sucks a lot, surprisingly i do miss them now. though i drank a whole cup of juice with a dead fly in it from the mamak stall, somehow i wish i could actually eat indo mee single again at the same shop. although i actually vomited secret recipe's food, yet i still misses it.

and i had my first prom night in intec too and that day was the only day i felt beautiful of myself. perhaps hidden behind the makeup gave you the confidence that you can't find elsewhere.

and finally i am on my solo journey to overseas without my family on valentine's day.
jpa could really be wise in choosing a date for us to fly.

and when i first arrived in a whole brand new place with no one you could count on except for your friends.. and i felt the fear in me and i missed my family, my bed and my home tremendously.

and i embarked my university life in the University of Queensland. being so fresh in the begining, we are 'WOWED' by every single thing even by an orange mascot. "macam rusa masuk kampung". yeah that was what i felt exactly when i was in semester one.

and we began exploring parts of brisbane, conquering every single places we could, attending every single festivals despite the obstacles we went through or more precisely by me.

and i had my first touch on marsupials like kangaroos, koalas, wombats and etc...



and that's the sweet part of my life.
i had been extremely down this year and faced various obstacles and mostly unwanted ones. but i learnt that good and bad comes and goes... though i had more bad than good, it has become part of my life, to cry and to stand up again.
and that's exactly how i am growing up.
so smile shen you are wonderful the way you are.
and for my birthday, i do not want anything else except some luck to bless me throughout my journey in overseas.
wink wink.

xoxo.

No comments: