Friday, October 2, 2009

My Last Birthday with the The Digit Starting '1'


my last teenage birthday before embracing the so called adulthood.
i am so gonna miss the digit '1' with all small candles on your cake instead of two huge candles.
so shen is finally not young anymore.
the once young carefree girl is now completely replaced by the teenage girl who is learning to hold responsibilities.
so my birthday celebration this year was simple and sweet. and i learnt one simple thing - we do not need thousands of friends but what we need is only a few friends who are extremely good to make your day worthwhile. cause that's what i learnt from this birthday celebration.
i may have loads of friends surrounding me but i realised true friends are only those who are there for you when you need them most. =) and i have found mine.

so i was sleeping on 28th September till i was woken up by a phone call from new Zealand on the middle of night, signifying that it was my birthday. . lol.. and then came in my friends with a cake and sparkles and 'pop pop' ( i forgotten what they were called)....

my birthday cake baked by my beloved best roommate, koo shuk kuan. and that is my favourite cake back in malaysia, choc mud cake and hers tasted fantastic! AND it was presented in such a beautiful way. way to go koo shuk kuan!

slicing through the beautiful cake. while stealing pieces of the dark and white chocolate. yummy.

a happy child unwrapping her gifts.
omg i should have worn a better pyjamas instead of this. how embarrassing

a new addition to my Elmo collection. Elmo and turtle craze would not be eliminated no matter how old i am. even fifty years later. =)

my first monopoly gift from ong. hahaha and we played till 5 in the morning. and the best part was me becoming the millionaire. muahahahahaa.. . 15pieces of 5m is really one of the best thing to remember on a monopoly game.

later at night they brought me out for a dinner at a Turkish restaurant. earlier in the morning i tried i to bake bing pi moon cake but i failed unfortunately. perhaps due to insufficient sleep will lead to that. ok maybe i do not have the skills after all.
that's me and my roomie, the baker of my cake.

the majestic Turkish restaurant - Amen that they brought me too. beautiful ambiance and somehow feels like in Turkey. ok that's too dramatic. lol.
for a big eater like me or in other words greedy girl like me, i would give Amen an A+ rating for the atmosphere, food and services.

been ages since we really took a nice picture together. sometimes when someone become so close to you, we takes things for granted and forget the basic rules of friendship like taking pictures together to frame our memories forever.

scrumptious meal. big plate, delicious taste, satisfying dinner. =)

me with my bramundi fillet plate. huhu... rocks!!!

a close up picture of amen. -_-'' before proceeding to other pictures.
( i can't really think any better captions for this picture)

and then we went to DLV cafe ( Do Locce Vita), France kind cafe. with Eiffel tower in the middle of nowhere. how cool is that.


just chatting and talking, recalling those days in intec on how we met each other. those good old days.

so that's pretty much how my 19th birthday went, a quiet and simple one with great friends by my side. i really appreciate everything that you guys did. at times, i don't really know how to express verbally and that's why i need a blog for me to say things in my heart. i love you guys to pieces and for making me feel belonged. thanks a lot. arigato. kamshamida.




with lots of love,
a year older shen.

No comments: