Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Last of Melbourne

i am so drained and exhausted recently with the hectic uni schedule. Classes finished at 5pm for three days continuously and even if my classes happened to finish earlier, I was stranded in uni, doing lab reports with my course mates or if my classes happened to start later, I was forced to be in uni earlier for my tutoring job. either way, I am exhausted. and that's not even the peak of my uni yet and I had not even commence my placement in Pharmacy. life in a few weeks later would be a nightmare of rushing to complete assignments and rushing for buses to pharmacies. the torture of a pharmacy student or perhaps it was just only me.

it is Ekka Holiday today and i spend my whole day glued at the study table doing my lab report. and since i am pretty done with it, I shall blog the final one about my Melbourne trip. boy, how much i miss those times, not doing anything except eating and touring. the final two awesome places that I would to share with you guys is Old Town Mamak and Windsor Hotel (the oldest hotel in Melbourne)


<span class=
I fell in love with the Old Town Mamak instantly for both the services and the awesome food. amazingly, they had 'ah ne' working there, tossing the roti canai. that's something not to be missed in Melbourne, especially when you had not tasted home Malaysian food for nearly six months. and especially when your friends back home uploaded pictures of the awesome Malacca or Jonker Street food in facebook. food in Old Town mamak is great but portion too small for me.


<span class=
one of the best and most expensive Hi-tea i ever had was at Windsor Hotel. but it was totally worth the money with the great delicacies that they served ranging from scones to macaroons to desserts. i am craving for it so much right now and believe me those small portions turned out to be pretty filling.

jeez, i miss Melbourne terribly. It is not that I hate Brisbane, I do love Brisbane but living in Melbourne would have been much better. i been thinking a lot lately and I thought I should have really smacked myself hard because I could have been one of the luckiest girl to have the opportunity to study overseas. Back then, I always lamented about not going to UK and right now I am complaining of not studying in Melbourne. I should appreciate what I have and right now, I am glad to be in overseas at least pursuing for what i want.

1 comment:

kira max said...

yalor.. muz appreciate. u actuali having a lot of fun there.. can go hi tea eat so much dessert!! huhoo!!