Saturday, February 13, 2010

CNY Eve Eve

two days before cny, i met up with my maternal side cousins. the last time i met with them was like a year ago, before i flew to Brisbane and since everyone is back in melaka, it is indeed lovely to see them again. the four of us were rather close as our age gaps are pretty small with my sis being the eldest, 24 years old followed by joe how, 21 years old and then me and joe yen, both the same age.

me, getting ready before heading out

joe yen, the future to be doctor and I. it was really awesome to finally meet someone in the health sciences field. at least i don't get the 'wth' look from him that i usually got when i babbled about biology or chemistry or anatomy.

kakak besar and adik kecil. i just realized how similar our eyes were. small and elongated when we smiled.

eric joe how, the future to be engineer and i. i guess everyone knows him a lot as the both us attended many similar tuitions together back then in high school. he talks a lot about electronics stuffs and his passion for the field he is majoring in is amazing. i know he will definitely be a good engineer in the future.

the four us. if only my other cousin, mei chien is around then this picture would be perfect. yes i have another cousin from my maternal side. she is one gorgeous lady staying in China and will be entering university pretty soon. many many many years back the five us formed the so called penyiasat team to investigate the mat rempit in my neighbourhood with my sis being the leader and i riding on a tricycle. lol. kids of those days.

oh yeah, we watched 14 blades that night. it was one of the BEST MOVIE I EVER WATCHED. even i could claimed that it was better than avatar. everyone said avatar was really excellent but for me, i thought the fighting scenes were so cliche and the plot was pretty predictable. only the colour effects and imaginary stuffs blew me off. perhaps i am someone who enjoys watching more climax and intense fighting scenes, so much of a tomboy.

14 blades blew above my expectations. the fighting scenes were amazing and the sounds effects were so good. Donnie Yen's martial art skills are amazing and i have officially inserted him into one of my favourite actor list. so if you are still contemplating about which movie to watch for cny, just watch 14 blades. awesome plot, awesome casting skills and awesome martial arts scenes. forget about true legend.

and as for little big soldier movie, i shall be watching tonight together with my family. after watching the awesome 14 blades, i have really high expectations for Little Big Soldier. just hope it won't be a disappointment.

after the blew-me-off movie, we had supper at a nearby hawker, rambling away about how awesome the movie was. lol.

and then, we had a late night trip at jonker walk. we were expecting to see the huge lion head but sadly we can't seemed to find it..

since it is new year's eve today, i bet many of us would be having reunion dinner tonight. i had awesome food for lunch just now which includes all my favourite dishes and later in the evening my family will be having steamboat.
till then, have fun during chinese new year.
GONG XI FATT CHAI!





No comments: