Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy Happy Cny Happy Happy You and I

i flew so many miles across the sea back home for 3 months anticipating the grandest celebration of all time in the Chinese Calendar. It's Chinese New Year. there is only one really good thing about studying in Australia which is none other than being able to celebrate CNY during summer break. i appreciate that the most in my whole uni life.
and please do pat on my head for blogging so frequently lately. hehee.

CNY EVE (13th February 2009)

earlier in the morning, my family and I was busy offering prayers for my late grandfather and grandmother. part of the Chinese custom.
and as for lunch, i had one of the most scrumptious meal but unfortunately it is not appropriate to upload the picture here because i enjoy porky stuffs a lot during cny.
and later in the evening, my family had our own reunion dinner by having a small steamboat.
i usually do not meet up with my father's family till the next day, so the reunion revolved around my own family only.
recently, i discovered the existence of fake 'kek kia' (miniature oranges) which is made of plastic net but look so real.
and my family usual tradition after reunion dinner is the walk at jonker street and as usual too jonker street is beautifully decorated for the Chinese New Year celebration.
(malacca-very-proud-of-muscleman)
i just realized how beautiful this photo was especially the blue-ing the sky and the reddening tanglungs.

and did you guys remember i scribbled something about not being able to see the huge lion head in my previous post while i was out with my cousins? we were pure idiots. the lion head was just at the front entrance and we were like only a few centimeters away. holy crap. so close and yet so far.
the lion head, which was proclaimed to be the biggest ever.
and sometimes i do really despise Malacca super hot weather that makes you sweat the minute you are out of the bathroom. that's what we, Malaccan always feel.
even sitting on a plastic chair is a nightmare for us. a few minutes after sitting on it and the next moment after you stand up you will discover how wet the chair was. super embarrassing. and it always happen to me. sucky cause it takes time to convince people that you did not pee on the chair.
Popsicle ice cream is really popular in this kind of hot sweaty thirsty weather.
and then we headed to the usual Cheng Koon Theng temple, one of the Malacca outstanding temples. gosh i realized i promoted a lot about Malacca lately. overly in love with Malacca. lol.
later at night, we headed to the cinema for Little Big Brother Movie.
Err..let's say it was an average movie, not that bad not that good. the down part of the movie: i thought i was in the cinema for nearly 3 hours due to the slow moving plot but it turned out to be only one and a half hour movie. crap.
conclusions, 14 blades still the best among all.
that's pretty much how my cny eve was, rather homely with my own family.
i wanted to continue blogging about my first day of cny but i am getting a bit distracted with movies on tv and firecracker sounds. shall stop here for now and continue tomorrow. bai.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like Little Big Soldier - it was funny! And this is an unbiased comment from a Leehom's fan. Haha.. ;)

-Jayne-