Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Discovering New Things

this is my fifth day in brisbane. i have been exploring all kind of new things,places and people too. apart from the unavailability of my home electricity, the life in brisbane seems so nice and fun. in fact, i had no remorse for not going into monash university because Queensland Uni is undeniably superb, beautiful and mesmerizing. I love my uni so much. Ask everyone around us and nobody can deny the fact that our uni is cool!

till now i haven't travelled to the city but so far i have went to two diffferent suburbs apart from st lucia, namely indooropilly and toowong. which are definitely busier town than my so-called quiet st lucia. trust me brisbane transport is SO DAMN FREAKING CHEAP! with concessions as a student, just pay AUS 2.40 and you can ride the bus, the train and the ferry for free all day round around the same zone. so we sat bus to toowong and sat ferry back to my uni and from my uni, we have safety buses that will fetch us back to our doorstep FOR FREE! isn't life in uni is cool?>_<



speedy boat in the middle of town.how cool is that?

all of the sudden, i have liking for walking.
i don't mind walking for ages cause i hardly feel tired except for some minor muscles strains.

Toowng Village Mall
smaller compared to indooropilly but busier and they sell all those branded stuffs.
pretty cool place to stroll around.

cam-whoring sessions

i fell in love with this elmo chair at the first sight of it.
cost bout AUS 40.
which is expensive undeniably.

Reggenta Ferry Terminal

trust me the ferry is nothing like penang ferry or pangkor ferry rides.
this ferry moves at high speed, totally clean and the view of the city is magnificent.

didn't i say i love ferry rides?

sunset.

the ferry going at high speed.
vroom..vrooM!!!!!


checking out our UQ SPORTS CENTRE.
22 tennis courts, 4 squash centres, a huge hall for badminton, an aquatic centre, an atheletic centre, cardio centre, gymnasium, pole dancing classes, pilates, yoga, tap dancing.......... etc etc..how cool is that?

the theatre in my uni which screen films produced by the students.

entering the great court of my university.




the grass is as comfy as my bed back home.
people will not look at you for doing this.





i am still counting till the days my electricity is restored. till then, take care guys!

xoxo,
shen.

No comments: