Thursday, December 24, 2009

Six Unforgettable Experiences in Queensland

since 2009 is reaching the end, i decided to blog about some memorable and unmemorable stuffs that happened to me this year. 2009 wasn't the best year i had, there were so many ups and downs, mishaps and accidents happening around me. my family were worried sick of me when i was studying in Brisbane. but with their endless blessings and prayers, i somehow survived through and now i am back for holidays in Malaysia before resuming my second semester there.

1) I saw the most splendid firework and jet plane performances in my life.
it was the Brisbane river fire that gave me the opportunity. Brisbane river fire is an annual event and in fact it was a rather huge and grand event. we went to the place as early as four waited for four freaking hours till eight at night just to watch those performances. it was crowded with people, hell of crazy.. but the waiting was definitely worthwhile.

we had 30 minutes of firework performances in various shapes from heart shape to smiley shape to waterfall fireworks at the story bridge. everything was mesmerizing.

the best jet plane performances too! err.. not those planes in the pictures but other planes which unfortunately i forgotten the name. when the plane arrived near us, it felt really like terrorists approaching us, with the intention of bombing us. the engine was super loud and they flew real low where you could even feel the heat. freaking cool!

2) I moved THREE times in a year. ( overseas student record??)
so unfortunate.. the first house we rented somehow underwent illegal renovation which we obviously did not knew about it till the Queensland government made an inspection or something. we were freaked out. imagine it was only our 3rd month there and someone told us that we had to move out because our house was renovated illegally. we had so many troubles searching for a new house in a week time. crazy. and when we found our new house, we eventually realised that our agent was a bitch. i don't mind being rude here because she was one. hahahaha.. and then we shifted to our third house. ...the well-experienced mover for sure.
our first house.

our second house. looking fabulous right? hahaha yup totally like heaven except dealing with agent part.

our third and present house.


3) I went Whale watching.
going to Australia is all about koalas and kangaroos. true i saw them but i wasn't as thrilled as during whale watching. i would seriously recommend everyone out there to go whale watching. you won't regret it. we saw four magnificent whales and when they did those triple turn on air, it was WOW WOWO WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWO! and when they flipped their flippers, they looked freaking elegant and they are SERIOUSLY HUGE HUGE! trust me. i can't explain anymore. JUST GO AND SEE IT FOR YOURSELF.

4) I was locked in the bathroom and was rescued by Four charming firemen.
yes yes yes four freaking well build tall, hunk, muscular firemen. hahaha.. but it was such an embarrassing event. i woke up one morning, went into the toilet to brush my teeth and then i realised i can't open the door. damn i was locked in the toilet. screamed rather loudly to wake my sleeping roommate up.she tried to break the door down, unscrewed the knob and used a knife to open it but nothing works. i was in there for nearly 45 minutes. and when they asked me if i was ok, i told them i was really hungry. well, even in undesirable time near a toilet bowl, all i could think of was food. lol. so they called the firemen to rescue me and they took like 5 minutes only to open the door. oops.. maybe we should not have called them .. anyway queensland firemen are such an eye candy.
sadly i did not took pictures with them. but that picture was a real Queensland fireman... they produce calendars every year featuring their half stripped firemen for fund raising purposes... so yeah that's exactly the body of the firemen who saved me.

5) I am the proud owner of the red nintendo.
it was a birthday gift from my sister. hehee.. so i been pretty addicted with it since spring break but somehow stop playing it during exams... and resume playing again right now!!!! brain training, big brain academy, cooking mama, picross, tetris etc are those few games that i played on and off. for adventurous games instead, super mario bros, harry potter and the half blood prince, my sims party, lego star wars, lego batman, mario party.... but my favourite of all time is POKEMON PLATINUM. that game seriously blew me off. adore that to pieces. sadly i did not raised my pokemon team strong enough as i focused too much on raising one pokemon only. still not able to beat the pokemon league. fruss.. uggh..

see i am still stuck with the Pokemon league. =( not able to complete the game.

6) I burnt myself and left a new scar on my left thigh.
so much of deep frying chicken. i scalded my leg and hand. the whole experience was terrifying... i cried in pain and screamed like a mad woman freaking both my housemates. paramedics came to treat me and gave me some kind of inhaler to reduce the pain on my leg. i was drunk after inhaling the drug. drunk for the first time in my life. and what i am left now was a big ugly scar on my thigh which makes me feel so imperfect.

bandaged thigh. went to the clinic everyday to change my dressing. talked to so many different nurses and everyone gave me the same advice : Don't deep fry anymore, dear.

and now with a huge scar on my thigh.

and the last most memorable experience of all time????
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
MEETING ELMO PERHAPS? X )

No comments: